System.Data.SQLite
Ticket Change Details
Not logged in
Overview

Artifact ID: c2b989267c6962119010b883ef661e1e883f3623
Ticket: d40c2b0eb6f90f9d2b94878780dee3b36f25d780
sqlite3_key_v2 and sqlite3_rekey_v2 ignore the zDbName parameter
User & Date: anonymous 2018-05-29 02:47:40
Changes

  1. Change foundin to "1.0.108"
  2. Change icomment to:

    Steps I noticed in my project (a Win32 application using only SQLite.Interop.dll as a sqlite3.dll replacement with encryption): 1. Opened a database. 2. Attached another database. 3. Called sqlite3_rekey_v2() with zDbName = the name of the attached database.

    Expected result: the attached database should be encrypted. If for whatever reason this cannot be accomplished this function should return an error code.

    Actual result: the 'main' database is encrypted instead. No error.

    When I checked the code I realized that both sqlite3_key_v2 and sqlite3_rekey_v2 ignore the zDbName parameter.

    I consider this an important bug, because it is an API call that is doing something different than expected without returning an error.

    Workaround: detach the database, encrypt it and attach it again.

  3. Change login to "anonymous"
  4. Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-plain"
  5. Change private_contact to "6b0fa8079ee05751da308244bc4cd1e1bbd95645"
  6. Change severity to "Important"
  7. Change status to "Open"
  8. Change title to:

    sqlite3_key_v2 and sqlite3_rekey_v2 ignore the zDbName parameter

  9. Change type to "Code_Defect"