The "remote-url" command:
View or modify the URLs of remote repositories used for syncing. The "default" remote is specially named by Fossil and corresponds to the URL used in the most recent "sync", "push", "pull", "clone", or similar command. As such, the default remote can be updated by Fossil with each sync command. Other named remotes are persistent.
- fossil remote
- With no arguments, this command shows the current default remote URL. If there is no default, it shows "off".
- fossil remote add NAME URL
- Add a new named URL. Afterwards, NAME can be used as a short symbolic name for URL in contexts where a URL is required. The URL argument can be "default" or a prior symbolic name to make a copy of an existing URL under the new NAME. The "default" remote cannot be defined with this subcommand; instead, use 'fossil remote REF' as documented below.
- fossil remote config-data
- DEBUG USE ONLY - Show the name and value of every CONFIG table entry in the repository that is associated with the remote URL store. Passwords are obscured in the output.
- fossil remote delete NAME
- Delete a named URL previously created by the "add" subcommand.
- fossil remote hyperlink ?FILENAME? ?LINENUM? ?LINENUM?
- Print a URL that will access the current check-out on the remote repository. Or if the FILENAME argument is included, print the URL to access that particular file within the current check-out. If one or two linenumber arguments are provided after the filename, then the URL is for the line or range of lines specified.
- fossil remote list|ls
- Show all remote repository URLs.
- fossil remote off
- Forget the default URL. This disables autosync.
This is a convenient way to enter "airplane mode". To enter airplane mode, first save the current default URL, then turn the default off. Perhaps like this:fossil remote add main default fossil remote off
To exit airplane mode and turn autosync back on again:fossil remote main
- fossil remote scrub
- Forget any saved passwords for remote repositories, but continue to remember the URLs themselves. You will be prompted for the password the next time it is needed.
- fossil remote ui ?FILENAME? ?LINENUM? ?LINENUM?
- Bring up a web browser pointing at the remote repository, and specifically to the page that describes the current check-out on that remote repository. Or if FILENAME and/or LINENUM arguments are provided, to the specific file and range of lines. This command is similar to "fossil remote hyperlink" except that instead of printing the URL, it passes the URL off to the web browser.
- fossil remote REF
- Make REF the new default URL, replacing the prior default. REF may be a URL or a NAME from a prior "add".