184.108.40.206 - April XX, 2012 (release scheduled)
- In the SQLiteFunction class, when calling user-provided methods from a delegate called by native code, avoid throwing exceptions, optionally tracing the caught exceptions. Fix for [8a426d12eb].
- Add Visual Studio 2005 support to the redesigned designer support installer.
- Add experimental support for "pre-loading" the native SQLite library based on the processor architecture of the current process. For now, this feature is disabled by default at compile-time.
- Support tracing of all parameter binding activity and use the connection flags to control what is traced.
- When converting a DateTime instance of an "Unspecified" kind to a string, use the same kind as the connection, if available.
- Add static ToUnixEpoch method to the SQLiteConvert class to convert a DateTime value to the number of whole seconds since the Unix epoch.
- In the implicit conversion operators (to IntPtr) for both the SQLiteConnectionHandle and SQLiteStatementHandle classes, return IntPtr.Zero if the instance being converted is null.
- Write warning message to the active trace listners (for the Debug build configuration only) if a column type or type name cannot be mapped properly. See [4bbf851fa5].
- When tracing SQL statements to be prepared, bypass the internal length limit of the sqlite3_log function by using the SQLiteLog class directly instead. Also, detect null and/or empty strings and emit a special message in that case.
- For the setup, the Visual Studio task should only be initially checked if the GAC task is available and vice-versa.
- Improve compatibility with custom command processors by using __ECHO instead of _ECHO in batch tools.
- Add OpenAndReturn method to the SQLiteConnection class to open a connection and return it.
- Add missing CheckDisposed calls to the SQLiteConnection class.
- Add missing throw statement to the SQLiteConnection class.
- Make sure the interop project uses /fp:precise for Windows CE.
- Regenerate package load key to support loading the designer package into Visual Studio 2008 without having the matching SDK installed.
- Modify transaction object disposal so that it can never cause an exception to be thrown.
220.127.116.11 - January 28, 2012
- Use the WoW64 registry keys when installing the VS designer components on 64-bit Windows. Fix for [d8491abd0b].
- Correct resource name used by the LINQ assembly to locate several key string resources. Fix for [fbebb30da9].
18.104.22.168 - January 27, 2012
- Updated to SQLite 3.7.10
- Redesign the VS designer support installer and integrate it into the setup packages.
- When emitting SQL for foreign keys in the VS designer, be sure to take all returned schema rows into account. Remainder of fix for [b226147b37].
- Add Flags connection string property to control extra behavioral flags for the connection.
- Refactor all IDisposable implementations to conform to best practices, potentially eliminating leaks in certain circumstances.
- Even more enhancements to the build and test automation.
- Support parameter binding to more primitive types, including unsigned integer types.
- Recognize the TIMESTAMP column data type as the DateTime type. Fix for [bb4b04d457].
- Prevent logging superfluous messages having to do with library initialization checking. Fix for [3fc172d1be].
- Support the DateTimeKind and BaseSchemaName connection string properties in the SQLiteConnectionStringBuilder class. Fix for [f3ec1e0066].
- Overloads of the SQLiteConvert.ToDateTime and SQLiteConvert.ToJulianDay methods that do not require an instance should be static. Partial fix for [4bbf851fa5]. ** Potentially Incompatible Change **
22.214.171.124 - November 28, 2011
- Updated to SQLite 3.7.9
- More enhancements to the build and test automation.
- Plug native memory leak when closing a database connection containing a statement that cannot be finalized for some reason.
- The SQLite3 class should always attempt to dispose the contained SQLiteConnectionHandle, even when called via the finalizer.
- When compiled with DEBUG defined, emit diagnostic information related to resource cleanup to any TraceListener objects that may be registered.
- Stop characterizing all log messages as errors. From now on, if the errorCode is zero, the message will not be considered an error.
- Never attempt to configure the native logging interface if the SQLite core library has already been initialized for the process. Fix for [2ce0870fad].
- Allow the SQLiteLog class to be used for logging messages without having an open connection.
- Support building the core System.Data.SQLite assemblies using the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile. Fix for [566f1ad1e4].
- When generating the schema based on the contents of a SQLiteDataReader, skip flagging columns as unique if the data reader is holding the result of some kind of multi-table construct (e.g. a cross join) because we must allow duplicate values in that case. Fix for [7e3fa93744].
- When returning schema information that may be used by the .NET Framework to construct dynamic SQL, use a fake schema name (instead of null) so that the table names will be properly qualified with the catalog name (i.e. the attached database name). Partial fix for [343d392b51].
- Add SQLiteSourceId property to the SQLiteConnection class to return the SQLite source identifier.
- Add MemoryUsed and MemoryHighwater properties to the SQLiteConnection class to help determine the memory usage of SQLite.
- Add DateTimeKind connection string property to control the DateTimeKind of parsed DateTime values. Partial fix for [343d392b51]. ** Potentially Incompatible Change **
- Improve the robustness of the SQLiteLog class when it will be initialized and unloaded multiple times.
- Fix the name of the interop assembly for Windows CE. Add unit tests to prevent this type of issue from happening again. Fix for [737ca4ff74].
- Formally support the SQL type name BOOLEAN in addition to BOOL. Fix for [544dba0a2f].
- Make sure the SQLiteConvert.TypeNameToDbType method is thread-safe. Fix for [84718e79fa].
126.96.36.199 - October 4, 2011
- Prevent the domain unload event handler in SQLiteLog from being registered multiple times. Fix for [0d5b1ef362].
- Stop allowing non-default application domains to initialize the SQLiteLog class. Fix for [ac47dd230a].
188.8.131.52 - October 3, 2011
- Updated to SQLite 3.7.8
- More enhancements to the build system.
- Add official NuGet packages for x86 and x64.
- Add Changes and LastInsertRowId properties to the connection class.
- Support more formats when converting data from/to the DateTime type.
- Make all the assembly versioning attributes consistent.
- Add unit testing infrastructure using Eagle.
- Integrate all legacy unit tests, including the "testlinq" project, into the new test suite.
- Add projects to build the interop assembly statically linked to the Visual C++ runtime. Fix for [53f0c5cbf6].
- Add SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT2 compile-time option to the interop assembly. Fix for [74807fbf27].
- Fix mutex issues exposed when running the test suite with the debug version of SQLite.
- Fix transaction enlistment when repeated attempts are made to enlist in the same transaction. Fix for [ccfa69fc32].
- Support the SQLITE_FCNTL_WIN32_AV_RETRY file control to mitigate the impact of file sharing violations caused by external processes.
- Refactor the logging interface to be thread-safe and self-initializing.
- Shutdown the SQLite native interface when the AppDomain is being unloaded. Fix for [b4a7ddc83f].
- Support Skip operation for LINQ using OFFSET. Fix for [8b7d179c3c].
- Support EndsWith operation for LINQ using SUBSTR. Fix for [59edc1018b].
- Support all SQLite journal modes. Fix for [448d663d11].
- Do not throw exceptions when disposing SQLiteDataReader. Fix for [e1b2e0f769].
- The REAL type should be mapped to System.Double. Fix for [2c630bffa7] and [b0a5990f48].
- Minor optimization to GetParamValueBytes(). Fix for [201128cc88].
- Support the ON UPDATE, ON DELETE, and MATCH clause information when generating schema metadata for foreign keys. Partial fix for [b226147b37]. VS designer changes are not yet tested.
- Fix incorrect resource name for SR.resx in the mixed-mode assembly.
- Reduce the number of String.Compare() calls in the hot path for SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader().
184.108.40.206 - July 4, 2011
- Updated to SQLite 220.127.116.11
- Fix incorrect hard-coded .NET Framework version information SQLiteFactory_Linq.cs that was causing IServiceProvider.GetService to fail when running against the .NET Framework 3.5.
- Fix all XML documentation warnings.
- Restore support for the mixed-mode assembly (i.e. the one that can be registered in the Global Assembly Cache).
- Restore support for the Compact Framework.
- Remove unused "using" statements from the System.Data.SQLite and System.Data.SQLite.Linq projects.
- Remove hard-coded System.Data.SQLite.Linq version from SQLiteFactory_Linq.cs
- Modify the setup to support bundled packages (i.e. with the mixed-mode assembly) and standard packages (i.e. with the managed assembly separate from the native interop library).
- Disable the ability to register with the Global Assembly Cache in the standard setup package (i.e. it is available in the bundled setup only).
- Remove PATH modification from the setup.
- Modify the naming scheme for the source, setup, and binary packages to allow for the necessary variants.
- In the build automation, attempt to automatically detect if Visual Studio 2008 and/or 2010 are installed and support building binaries for both at once, when available.
- Add release automation to build the source, setup, and binary packages in all supported build variants.
- Add the testlinq project to the new build system and make it work properly with Visual Studio 2008 and 2010.
18.104.22.168 - June 2, 2011
- Updated to SQLite 22.214.171.124
- Minor optimization to GetBytes(). Fix for [8c1650482e].
- Update various assembly information settings.
- Correct System.Data.SQLite.Linq version and resource information. Fix for [6489c5a396] and [133daf50d6].
- Moved log handler from SQLiteConnection object to SQLiteFactory object to prevent if from being prematurely GCed.
- We should block x64 installs on x86 and we should install native only if the setup package itself is native. Fix for [e058ce156e].
126.96.36.199 - May 1, 2011
- Add the correct directory to the path. Fix for [50515a0c8e].
188.8.131.52 - April 27, 2011
- Updated to SQLite 3.7.6+ [1bd1484cd7] to get additional Windows error logging.
- Updated setup to optionally add install directory to PATH if GAC option selected.
184.108.40.206 - April 12, 2011
- Code merge with SQLite 3.7.6
- New VS2008 and VS2010 solution files
- Build and packaging automation
- New Inno Setup files
- Designer support currently not ready for release
220.127.116.11 - February 2011
- Code merge with SQLite 3.7.5
- Continuing work on supporting Visual Studio 2010
18.104.22.168 - January 3, 2011
- Code merge with SQLite 3.7.4
- Continuing work on supporting Visual Studio 2010