- File www/copyright.wiki — part of check-in [4e5fae7090] at 2014-03-06 20:34:22 on branch trunk — Add copyright notice. (user: mistachkin size: 4024)
All files in the "System.Data.SQLite.Linq/SQL Generation" directory (within the source tree) are covered by the Microsoft Public License (MS-PL). These files end up being compiled into both the "System.Data.SQLite.Linq" and "System.Data.SQLite.EF6" assemblies.
System.Data.SQLite is in the
All other code and documentation in System.Data.SQLite has been dedicated to the public domain by the authors. All code authors, and representatives of the companies they work for, have signed affidavits dedicating their contributions to the public domain and originals of those signed affidavits are stored in a firesafe at the main offices of Hwaci. Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute the original System.Data.SQLite code, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
Obtaining An Explicit License To Use System.Data.SQLite
Even though System.Data.SQLite is in the public domain and does not require a license, some users want to obtain a license anyway. Some reasons for obtaining a license include:
- You are using System.Data.SQLite in a jurisdiction that does not recognize the public domain.
- You are using System.Data.SQLite in a jurisdiction that does not recognize the right of an author to dedicate their work to the public domain.
- You want to hold a tangible legal document as evidence that you have the legal right to use and distribute System.Data.SQLite.
- Your legal department tells you that you have to purchase a license.
In order to keep System.Data.SQLite completely free and unencumbered by copyright, all new contributors to the System.Data.SQLite code base are asked to dedicate their contributions to the public domain. If you want to send a patch or enhancement for possible inclusion in the System.Data.SQLite source tree, please accompany the patch with the following statement:
The author or authors of this code dedicate any and all copyright interest in this code to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this code under copyright law.
We are not able to accept patches or changes to System.Data.SQLite that are not accompanied by a statement such as the above. In addition, if you make changes or enhancements as an employee, then a simple statement such as the above is insufficient. You must also send by surface mail a copyright release signed by a company officer. A signed original of the copyright release should be mailed to:
6200 Maple Cove Lane
Charlotte, NC 28269